Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Pickled Green Tomatoes

Since my tomatoes are about done in I'm picking all the green ones and getting ready for some fall planting. Pickling is a great way to use up what you don't have enough of for a big batch. I love this recipe for the cherry and other small ones. (also great for ripe tomatoes)


2Q grape tomatoes, 1t salt, 1c white wine vinegar, 1c white vinegar, 1Q water, 4 cloves garlic peeled and 4 sprigs fresh rosemary.


 I halve the tomatoes and pack in jars with 1 rosemary and 1 garlic. 



Bring the rest of the ingredients to a boil for 10 min. Pour into jars leaving 1/2 in headspace. Process in boiling-water canner 10 min for red tomatoes and 15 for green. 
If I don't have the white wine vinegar I switch it out for whatever I do have.



No comments:

Post a Comment