Monday, December 8, 2014

Crock Pot Lasagna

Crock pot lasagna is so easy and nearly fool proof. I use this same recipe when we camp. In a dutch-oven, set near the fire or on top of some coals. Sometimes I go with the ricotta, sometimes I use cottage cheese. This time I didn't have enough of either so I dug around in the fridge and found a package of tofu. I mixed it just like ricotta, Italian herb mix, some parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper. In the bottom of the  pot splash alittle water. Break (don't cook, and no they don't have to be any special no cook noodle) 4 or 5 lasagna noodles into pieces to make a layer. Dob 1/3 of your cheese mixture around and sprinkle some mozzarella cheese. 1/3 of your sauce goes on top of that and repeat. I always pour about a 1/2 cup of water in with that The noodles will absorb the water so you'll want to check later and see if it needs alittle more. Turn it on low and go. After about 2 hours you'll see that it has softened the noodles and know if you need to add a dab more water. I give mine about 3 1/2 hrs or so and then shut it off and take off the lid. That will help it tighten up a little and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment